The State of Healthcare Simulation in the Middle East 2023
Healthcare simulation allows learners to perform procedures, diagnose conditions and communicate with patients in controlled, immersive environments before encountering real-life scenarios.
The adoption of simulation-based healthcare education has grown worldwide in the past decade, and the Middle East is no exception. However, the rate and scope differs, thereby raising the questions – Where are we and where do we need to go? The report examines the state of healthcare simulation in the Middle East vis-a-vis.
- Access to Healthcare Simulation Technology
- Professional Societies, Journals & Scientific Meetings
- Institutional Accreditation & Individual Certifications
- Vocational Training & Faculty Development
- Self-Directed Learning, Community Engagement & Volume of Research
- Talent Pool, Peer Collaboration & Infrastructure
- Commercial Market Projections
- Role Models for the Middle East
«The Middle East is a region of strategic relevance for the global SIM community, commercial vendors and professional societies» says Pier Luigi Ingrassia, Director of SIMZINE, Scientific Director at Centro di Simulazione and Secretary to Society for Simulation in Europe (SESAM), and adds «The collaboration between SIMZINE and Healthcare Simulation Middle East for the joint release of the report is a testament to what’s possible – a world without boundaries. Read the report and pitch in for the opportunities ahead.»
Ansari Shabnam Ateeq, President of Healthcare Simulation Middle East and author of the report declares «The State of Healthcare Simulation in the Middle East 2023 is a tool for reflection, decision-making and inter-professional collaboration. As exclusive release partner, SIMZINE has the scale, platform and team for making the report accessible to stakeholders.»